Thursday 5 June 2014

Welcome home L106 - Review of Ellis Faas Creamy Lips



I recently picked up my first ever Ellis Faas product – what else could I have chosen but one of her stunning lip colours. I got the creamy lips formula in the colour L106 –rusty pink.



 

True to its description it is definitely in the rusty shades family, it is very warm and by no means a neutral lip colour – but I love it! Although I will always need my staple neutrals I find that this colour is a fantastic alternative to some of the other dark lip colours that trend in winter (think MAC rebel). It doesn’t quite have the same depth but it is a strong, dark colour nonetheless. I find that I can confidently rock it night or day and matches so many looks and outfits. I am so glad I picked this up just in time for winter in Australia.

In terms of wear it has great staying power with a slight strain left on the lips as it wears off which is quite flattering. The formula is definitely creamy and feels beautifully luxurious on the lips. The colour is very opaque and a little goes a long way but you could sheer it out and create a stunning dark stain on the lips if opacity isn’t your thing. Lastly, I had to mention the packaging – stunning! Although quite long, the bullet type applicator is the epitome of cool, sleek, sexy and luxurious packing.


Overall, I almost wish I hadn’t ventured into the Ellis Faas lip world because I certainly feel a new obsession forming! 

rmg x

P.S – In Australia you can pick up Ellis Faas products from Mecca Cosmetica (http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/shop/EllisFaas/CreamyLips/). In America it is available in Sephora.  

No comments:

Post a Comment